Each year American Baptist Women’s Ministries of the Pacific Northwest offers $500 annual scholarships to qualified students who are preparing for full time Christian service. Three scholarships are offered each year. This year’s scholarship award will apply to the academic year 2021-2022.
Applicant guidelines are included in this newsletter to help you choose qualified students who need this added financial help on their way to serving the Lord in meaningful ministry. Application forms can be found on our webpage: https://www.abwm-pnw.org/
The application form and references must be postmarked no later than April 30th, 2021.
The final decisions will be made by our Scholarship Committee by May 31st, 2021 and all applicants will be mailed notification by June 10th, 2021.
Cathy Kernen, Chair
Scholarship Committee ABWM/PNW
Phone: 253 335 1464
GUIDELINES FOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANTS
(FOR THE 2021-2022 ACADEMIC YEAR)
1. Applicant must be an active member of an American Baptist Church.
2. Applicant must be at the college senior level or graduate level of study, preparing for full time Christian service with American Baptist Churches USA.
3. The applicant must provide the following:
a) complete application form (incomplete forms, or forms postmarked no later than April 30th will be automatically disqualified)
b) three references from: a women in their local church, their pastor and from a friend.
4. Priority will be given to (but others will certainly be considered)
a) Pacific Northwest women
b) students attending an accredited school related to, or supportive of, American Baptist Churches USA
5. Application must be postmarked by April 30th, 2021, and scholarship will be given at the fall term.
6. Final selections of the Scholarship Committee will be made by May 31st, 2021, and all applicants will be mailed notification of the award by June 10, 2021.
7. ABWM/PNW Scholarship to be given is $500, to be used for tuition/fees/housing assistance/books for the recipient.
8. It is expected that any recipient of one of our scholarships will keep in touch with the Chair of the Scholarship Committee at least twice during the school year to share concerns and progress.
9. Applicants may re-apply for a scholarship in subsequent years.